2012 Election Results
These officers have been newly elected and their terms will begin June 1 2012.
Chair Elect: Nancy Emenaker
Treasurer: Karin Pennington
Nominating: Sabrina Peterson Trudo
We appreciate the willingness of all candidates to contribute to our DPG, and to the Nominating Committee for their work. Special thanks to Cheryl Reifer, PhD, RD, Janet Roseland, MS, RD, and M. Ruth Williams, EdD, MS, RD.
National Academy Officers
The Nominating Committee is pleased to report the outcome of the 2012 national election. The following individuals have been elected from among many excellent candidates. The Committee thanks all who partcipated in the nomination and election processes.
Board of Directors
• President-elect: Glenna McCollum-Cloud, DMOL, MPH, RD (AZ)
• Treasurer-elect: Donna Martin, EdS, RD, LD, SNS (GA)
• Director-at-Large: Margaret Garner, MS, RD, LD (AL)
House of Delegates
• Speaker-elect: Nancy Lewis, PhD, RD, FADA (NC)
• Director: Marcia Kyle, RD, LD, CDE (ME)
• At-Large Delegate-30 Years and Under: Tracy Wilczek, MS, RD, LD/N (FL)
• At-Large Delegate-Retired: Helen Lodge, MA, MS, RD, LD (WV)
• Julie Grim, MPH, RD, LD (TX)
• David Orozco, MS, RD (GA)
• Karen Payne, MS, RD (WI)
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
• Practitioner Representative-Registered Dietitian: Pascale Jean, MPH, RD, LD/N (FL)
• Practitioner Representative-Dietetic Technician, Registered: Amelia Larkin, MS, DTR (FL)
Commission on Dietetic Registration
• Registered Dietitian: Paula Kellogg Leibovitz, MS, RD, CD-N, CDE (CT)
• Certified Specialist in Oncology: Kathryn K. Hamilton, MA, RD, CSO, CDN (NJ)
• Dietetic Technician, Registered: Stefanie Mittelbuscher, DTR (MO)
RDPG Events at 2012 FNCE Meeting, Philadelphia PA
DPG/MIG Showcase Booth #1514
Monday October 8 from 10:30 am 0 1:00 pm
FNCE Expo Hall, adjacent to the Culinary Demonstration Theater
Mediterranean Diet: A Dietary Pattern for the Ages
Sponsored by the California Walnut Commission
Featuring Walnuts, Olive Oil and Red Wine
Lowes Hotel, Millennium Hall
Saturday 10/6/2012 1 - 3 pm
Research DPG Annual Member Meeting and Breakfast
Philadelphia Marriott, Salons K/L
Sponsored by The Beef Checkoff
Tuesday 10/9/2012 7:30 - 9 am
RDPG Spotlight Session
Demysitfying Dietetics Research: Applications to the Everyday
Session ID: 348 Pennsylvania Convention Center/Room: 118 ABC
Tuesday 10/9/2012 noon - 1:30 pm
2012 FNCE Meeting, Philadephia PA
We hope you will join us for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo taking place October 6-9, 2012 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. Our 2012 FNCE website will officially launch on May 1, but here is some information to help you in the meantime. Plans for RDPG activities are currently being developed. Watch for more information here!
RPDG Spotlight Session to be presented at FNCE
Title: Demystifying Dietetics Research: Applications to the Everyday.
Learning Need Codes: 9000: Research and Grants, 9020 - Evaluation and application of research, 9070 - Research instruments and techniques, 9060 - Research development and design
- To describe the spectrum and applicability of research in dietetics and how it applies to employing Evidence-Based Practice in your setting.
- To demonstrate how available resources, such as the Evidence Analysis Library and the Research Toolkit, can be used to understand and use research findings in everyday practice.
- To provide examples of how frontline dietitians are providing are contributing to growing research evidence on outcomes through the Dietetics Practice Based Research Network.
With the recent push for sound scientific evidence to support outcomes effectiveness, there is a general concern about the ability to identify, interpret and apply current research to current practice in dietetics. This session will illuminate the fundamentals of research, apply the current AND resources to practice-based scenarios as well as describe opportunities for clinicians to get involved in the Dietetics Practice-Based research Network.
Specific time and placed will be announced when information is available.
Solae, LLC is a world leader in developing soy-based ingredients for nutritious, great-tasting products. Solae provides solutions that deliver a unique combination of functional, nutritional, economical and sustainable benefits to our customers (primarily food and beverage manufacturers). Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, the company was formed through a joint venture between DuPont (NYSE: DD) and Bunge (NYSE: BG) in 2003. Solae is a recipient of 2011 Ethisphere's Ethics Inside Certification and was recognized as one of 100 "World's Most Ethical Companies" in 2011.
For more information, visit http://www.solae.com, or follow the company on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/SolaeLLC, Facebook at www.Facebook.com/SolaeLLC, and LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/Solae-LLC.
October 19 to 22