Council on Future Practice Names Top Innovators
The Council on Future Practice announced the top two innovators from the 11th Innovations in Nutrition Dietetics Practice and Education session at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™, including RDPG's own Tracey Ledoux, PhD, RDN, FAND for “Eye to the Future: Developing the Next Generation of Nutrition Professionals.” Learn more here.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Award and Grant Recipients
The Research DPG would like to congratulate Mary-Jon Ludy, PhD, RDN, FAND, the RDPG's Council on Research Liaison, for being recognized with the Marie and August LoPresti, Sr. Faculty Development Award. The full list of award and grant recipients can be found in the December 2019 issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation Scholarship Recipients
The Research DPG would like to congratulate Research DPG members who were recognized with scholarships from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation. The full list of scholarship recipients can be found in the December 2019 issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
RDPG Students and Professionals Recognized by the Academy
Congratulations to RDPG members recognized in the September 2019 issue of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics!
Recognized Young Dietitian
- Eliza Short, RD (AZ)
- Maria Morgan-Bathke, PhD, RD, CD (MN)
- Khawhlah S. Al-Muhanna, MS, RDN (OH)
- Andrea Moosreiner, MPH, RD (WI)
Outstanding Dietetics Student
- Flaminia Aceranti (CT)
- Hannah Wilson, BS (GA)
- Brooke Wickman, MS, RD (MN)
- Emily K. Kuettel (NY)
- Dimitra K. Thomopoulos (PA)
- KayLeigh Kaiser (TX)
- Hillary Nason (WA)
Outstanding Dietetics Educator
- Sarah Couch, PhD, RDN (DPD, University of Cinncinati)
- Hope Barkoukis, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND (CPD, Case Western Reserve University)
- Merel Kozlosky, MS, RD (DI, National Institutes of Health)
- Esther F. Myers, PhD, RDN, FAND (International Affiliate)
- Ingrid Lofgren, PhD, MPH, RD (RI)
- Nicole Brown, MS, RDN, LD, ACSM EP-C (VA)
Emerging Dietetics Leader
- Colleen M. Tewksbury, PhD, MPH, RD, LDN (PA)
Members Win National Academy Awards
Congratulations to RDPG members recognized with Academy national honors and awards!
Awards will be presented at FNCE® 2019.
Dr. Karen Chapman-Novafokski, PhD, RD, LDN
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Excellence in Practice Award
Dr. Susan Steck, PhD, MPH, RD, FAND
University of South Carolina
Academy Honors Breakfast at FNCE®
Dr. Joann McDermid (right) is pictured here with Medallion Award winner, Dr. Karen Chapman-Novakofski (left) at FNCE® 2019.