As health care professionals, registered dietitian nutritionists rely on research to improve patient care and other nutritional interventions.
Nutrition research spans all areas of our profession, including:
- Tracking patient outcomes
- Providing insights for quality improvement projects
- Testing new interventions
- Learning about population trends and risk factors
- Conducting community assessments
- Optimizing food service management tasks
We've Got a Seat at the Table
The Academy develops research priorities that guide:
- Policy and standards for practice
- Strategies for advocating, facilitating, convening, funding and educating members
- Collaboration with other scientists, health care providers and professional organizations
Representatives of the Research DPG are regularly asked to engage in these strategic discussions.